Tuesday, May 3, 2011

My Kinfolk

I don't know how many times the last few days I've been asked who I'm kin to. I have learned through this, that there are many extended families living on the same property in my area. Odds are you're most likely a Hullander, or a Presley...maybe a Monroe or a Trew. When I explain I'm not "kin" to anybody I'm met with silence....like they can't quite understand how that's possible. In my opinion, I'm kin to whoever's property I'm pawing through and I'm treated as such. I just thought it was interesting how many generations are still living in the same small community as their ancestors.

In other news, I'm sitting in Mickey D's listening to some teenage boys rattle on about Osama Bin Laden. The story of his death gets more outrageous the more they talk. They're glib and have goofy laughs and enormous feet. I'm tempted to be annoyed until I think about the fact that they're someone's little boys.

No comments: