Friday, January 7, 2011

So.......How do cows manage to look so disinterested all the time? I met one along a country road yesterday and he started me thinking about this. I wanted his picture to share with you all, and I did get it, but he wasn't too happy about removing his face from the pile of hay he was consuming. I pulled over, rolled down my window and moo'd a little. He wasn't buying it, so I just flat out asked if he'd look at me for just one picture and by golly he did! He looked at me with hay hanging from his mouth and clearly communicated I was making him weary, but he did look, and I'll have the picture for you tomorrow...along with some other random kuntry junk.

1 comment:

Gail and Keith said...

Perfect description of the seemingly disinterested cows! I grew up on a dairy farm in PA where we had mostly Holstein cows and a few Brown Swiss. I have pictures in my mind of the cows with hay or grass hanging from their mouths.My job was to fetch the cows from the meadow every afternoon around 4 p.m. I wouldn't get close to them though; I was scared of them though they were harmless except for one named Whitey. Whitey had horns and would chase us as we ran, diving under the electric fence. Can't wait to see your pictures.