Friday, June 4, 2010

That girl there in the middle is my treasure and I thank God for the privilege of raising her. I love her so much. I love everything about her. I love the little scar from a cat scratch beside her eye. I love the way her baby hair still curls around her face. I watch her struggle for self confidence and self acceptance and marvel that someone so perfect, kind, and beautiful can ever doubt themself, but I suppose that’s the nature of being female. I wish I could prove to her that her unique sense of style, her strong beliefs, her quirky personality, and her love for others will one day shoot her popularity off the charts. She’s one of those people who everyone will want to be around. One day, if she tries to make good choices (let’s face it…none of us do that perfectly), she will be surrounded by exactly what she wants out of life. She doesn’t know this, because the rules are different in middle school. I see two other littles in this picture though that seem to think she’s pretty awesome. Can I just say awwwwww! a million times over?

1 comment:

Gail and Keith said...

Yes, you can say "Awwwwww," over and over. What a beautiful picture of the cousins. They adore their big cousin Lydia, and rightfully so. Will be praying that one day Miss Lydia will know in her heart that she is exactly who God intended her to be, that she is made in His image, that He has her in the palm of His hand, has had her there since before creation and He will never, ever let her go. Middle School is so hard and high school has its own pitfalls. She will be fine; she's got a Mamma who loves her, guides her, and in doing so, gives her the security she needs for these years now and to come. P.S. I miss JT,III.