Friday, February 12, 2010

I'm making a stand for the casserole today. I've been in the closet about this for too long, laughing along nervously as people tease and reject the marriage of several foods in one piece of crockery. Well not anymore! I loooooove casserole. In fact, if you hand me a plate with neatly seperated main and side dishes you can almost guarantee I'll be mashing it all together anyway. Am I just a product of my midwestern upbringing? I wish I had given Lydia more exposure to casseroles when she was little. What better way to get your kids to eat things than to hide them under layers of cheese and tater tots? Plus, casseroles have evolved over the years. Take for instance this Lobster Noodle Casserole from Country Living. 




Don't these make dishes make your slab of fish with a side of rice look downright unfriendly?

No comments: