Thursday, February 26, 2009

Saying Goodbye

My grandma fell asleep a couple of nights ago and never woke up. She’s still alive, but is unconscious and not expected to live for too much longer. I’d like to pay tribute to her for a moment here on my blog, because she was a precious and unique person. She lived out her faith in a nearly perfect way. She never met a stranger and would go up to random people to give them encouragement if something about them caught her eye. Who knows how many people she impacted that way…hundreds if not thousands over her lifetime I’m sure. She was strong yet soft which is the epitome of womanhood. She wasn't afraid of embarrasing herself and she made fun of herself when she did. I love her with all my heart. I will never forget the look in her eye when she was listening intently, or her voice that was always sweet even if she disagreed with you. I feel her impending loss deeply. All of the things she loved; her home, her island, the ocean, the bay…none of it will sparkle like it used to.












No comments: