Thursday, January 8, 2009

Be Careful Little Ears What You Hear

Our church is in a period of communal fasting right now. On the first day of this fast, God gave me closure on a question that had been in my mind for a long time. It came to me in a painful way, but I don't think there was any other way it could have come. The sense of relief I feel is what I will carry with me when the sting of this incident is gone. I also learned an important lesson about slander since I was on the receiving end of some. Sometimes we hear a story that sounds plausible about someone, and being intelligent people we think we can make a judgement call on whether or not the story is true. In reality though, this is impossible. So I think this is what that childhood song meant when it cautioned us to be careful what we hear, and it's not just little ears that should take heed.

No comments: