Wednesday, August 3, 2011

One More Tornado Post

This is more about God's providence and protection than anything else. As you probably know, Lydia and I left town the day of the storms for an area of the state that was not supposed to be hit as hard by severe weather. I had a bad feeling...well...not a bad feeling exactly. I wasn't scared but I KNEW we needed to leave our house. Although our home was spared, this is the booger that jogged through our front yard that evening.
I'm so grateful we weren't home to see, hear, or feel this F4 tornado. BUT IT GETS BETTER....
I had seriously debated staying in a hotel in Ringgold near the interstate because there was a sale on Hotwire.come. I figured it'd be more structurally sound than my 70 year old house. It was only at the last minute that I thought to ask Lydia's grandma if we could stay the night with her in Knoxville. Well, both of the hotels near the interstate in Ringgold now look like this:
Nobody was killed here...some injuries but nothing fatal. Can you imagine?
I'll never know why some people lost their lives that day, while God led Lydia and I to a safer place so we wouldn't even be frightened. All I  know is that God was with everyone that day, and not for a moment were things out of His ultimate control.

1 comment:

Bean Sprouts said...

Thank goodness you changed your mind. I still can't even begin to imagine what it's like to deal with a tornado like that.