Tuesday, March 15, 2011

I just made a reservation for Daisy's own vacation while we are in Florida. She's staying at a local pet hotel and I'm sure she's gonna love it! A whole week without her though? That's gonna be weird!

On another note, it seems like Bella is going to need to be euthanized. It turns out she has heartworm. Heartworm is treatable but it's a 6 month ordeal which I'm not equipped to deal with. There are rescues that will take dogs with heartworm, but they claim to not have room. If it isn't treated she'll get really sick and die. Now the people from the pet rescue places are sending me nasty emails. It seems they would rather I gave up nursing school to nurse a dog for 6 months that isn't even mine. What do you do in situations like this? I care about animals, but you have to draw the line at some point if you're not an animal shelter. There are still some people trying to help me find a home for her.

No comments: