Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Down in Dalton, Georgia where I used to work, there's a bookstore called The Book Nook. It's a two story shop in the heart of the historic downtown area. You can have lunch or dessert or coffee (or all three) at a little table under the stairs...or in front of a window. You don't have to pay for your food until you're leaving....very "cas". The word Nook is perfect too because there are all sorts of places to settle in and flip through books or maybe just smell them.
This little spot is upstairs...way in the back. It's the section filled with old books. I love old books because they so often tell a story of their own. Maybe there's a handwritten inscription, or a stamp showing which library owned it.
Lydia and I spent a rainy morning flipping through these...finding the dates or anything special about them. My daughter....she's perfect for me.

No comments: