Monday, September 13, 2010

Weekend Part I

The past week has been soaked through, immersed in learning experiences and I rung it out dry trying to make sense of so many seemingly senseless things. The flood came in with the answer to a 10 week question of whether or not God planned to leave a little girl among her family or reclaim her for himself. He had dibs of course, since she only ever really belonged truly to Him, but I, along with thousands of others, hoped for a different answer. I cannot speak of her family right now, or of what I've seen of God through them. I can't begin to come up with adequate words because it's just too big...but I'm changed by it.

My life has been less than rosy lately, but I want to take a moment to reaffirm to myself that I can still live life well. I can continue to protect my daughter's way of life by making sacrifices in my own. I can build her up, make her strong, give her courage. I can trust God to be a "father to the fatherless" in her life. I can give her (and me) great experiences even though I'm in physical pain. I can do hard things. I can continue to learn. In the midst of all of it, even the bad things, I will be thankful. I will thank God I could share in His suffering because it makes me humble...stronger.

And with that I will show you what a CHOICE led us to on Sunday. I didn't feel good, but the day was too gorgeous to miss. It was a day to do something I'd imagined and longed to do which was have a picnic and just wander around our town...and wander we did...which led us to some delightful things.

First off was our picnic in the park.


We had grapes and attempted to eat our pb&j sandwiches which we're frankly sick of (but we thank God for food anyway). Even Daisy got to enjoy some picnic food.



After our picnic we began trekking through our little town of Apison, TN.




more to come......

No comments: