Monday, August 23, 2010

(my friend Carla's daughter)
I’m in a little bit of melancholy mood today, I think due to the fact that my life is shifting so dramatically. For one thing, my job security is at an all time low. I mean, if it were measured in weight it wouldn’t even make the scale’s needle budge off zero. Then there’s the matter of my separation from my husband which has left me vulnerable in several ways, but especially in the area of emotions. I had high hopes. I love him.


So with all this melancholia (however mild), I set aside my luggage and step off the ride momentarily. I’m reminded of my pastor’s words yesterday when he said that we find purpose by allowing God to flow through us and back out into the world. There’s a peace in thinking that way because all you have to do is be open and available. You don’t have to be out making friends and influencing people. You don’t have to do the dishes. You don’t have to have the right answers or the ability to convince others to make good choices. You don’t have to have a job. You can just rest and let the One who knows all, sees all, and loves all control the world He made.

No comments: