Wednesday, April 14, 2010

My daughter is at the age when the little girl in her is being gradually erased and re-written with the teenage version. It's hard for me to admit that, and if you're one of the people who know and love her, it's probably hard for you to admit that too. I treasure the times where the little girl shows through...when she calls me mommy or asks me to tell her a story. Even though I'm 35 years old, it's hard for me to believe I have a child who's almost taller than me and can fit into my shoes. The twin puppies you see above are Spot and Spotty. They've followed us to several cities and different homes. Sometimes they lay forgotten under the bed for months at a time, but in times of transition they always seem to appear again. They are well worn...well traveled, so I wasn't surprised to see them snuggled in Lydia's arms last night. I love them for coaxing out the little girl again.

No comments: