Friday, April 9, 2010

John 10:10 - The thief comes only to steal, to kill, and to destroy. I have come so that you can have life, and have it more abundantly.

My dad reminded me of this verse last night and it served to put a lot of things in perspective for me. A lot of negative things have been said about God over the years. He's been painted as a legalistic ruler who's out to make you obey a certain set of rules, rules which have sometimes been interpreted by humans with their own agendas.

In this verse though he speaks of something that we all so desperately want. I read a lot of blogs, and I see that women, including myself, are out to create something beautiful with their lives, and when they succeed they share it with the rest of us for our inspiration. I know that God exists, so I'm glad that He and I are on the same page. Knowing that he wants an abudant life for us makes me feel like I'm on the right path...that creating and giving and crafting awesome experiences for those I love is part of a greater plan for me

No comments: