Friday, March 26, 2010

I was going to write today about self-worth, since it's a topic that's been heavy on my mind lately. I realized that one can have self-esteem and still not feel like they're valuable, and I kept asking myself "valuable to whom?". The answer to that question in my own life seems to be myself. I know other people who think I'm valuable. I know God thinks I'm worth something, but it's me whose expectations I don't seem to measure up to. I've had some "aha" moments about this whole issue lately, but nothing I could write right now could compare to this essay about being female written by Courtney of CJane Enjoy It. Read it when you have some time to really process it, and read it even if you're a man, because I promise it will deepen your understanding of the basic needs of women.

No comments: