Thursday, February 4, 2010

I went to a prayer meeting in the hospital chapel a couple of days ago, and the chaplain read from a devotional book that really spoke to me and where I'm at in my life right now. I'm sorry that I don't have the name of the book, but I did get a copy of the devotional which is written as though God is speaking it:

"Take courage. Do not fear. Start a new life tomorrow. Put the old mistakes away, and start anew. I give you a fresh start. Be not burdened. Be not anxious. If My forgiveness were for the righteous only, and those who had not sinned, where would be its need?
Remember as I said to Mary of old, "To whom much is forgiven, the same loveth much."
Why do you fret and worry so? I wait to give you all that is lovely (side note: check out the name of my blog), but your lives are soiled with worry and fret. You would crush My treasures. I can only bless glad, thanful hearts.
You MUST be glad and joyful."

No comments: