Monday, February 15, 2010

I had a dream last night that Ronald Reagan was still alive, and that he had been re-elected as president. For some reason, his staff needed someone to write his inagural speech, and I was picked at the last minute to not only write it but to deliver it as well.  I scribbled out a quick speech on notebook paper, and only remember that I brilliantly started it off with "We the people," (which is how all great American speeches start right?) When I ran it by Mr. President he gave it a quick read and approved. He was surprisngly nonchalant, maybe because he was an old pro. Well anyway, he asked me to add some information about why he'd be a better president than Al Gore, who in this la la land world of mine had been President before him.

That's tough seeing as Al Gore invented the internet, but I went back to the drawing board - which was when I slowly came back to conciousness wondering if this had a been a great dream or a nightmare (with the whole Al Gore thing thrown in there at the end.) I thought it was pretty awesome that I had this dream on the morning of President's Day. I'm not making this up.



 

No comments: