Thursday, December 31, 2009

I was going to write something about New Year's resolutions today, but I ended up deleting the three paragraphs I did manage to b.s. my way through. I don't know whether it's good to make resolutions or not, but if you do I hope you're one of the 3% (uneducated guess) that actually keep them.

I'd like to rake through each of your lives and eliminate the painful things you've experienced in 2009. It's sucked for a lot of people, including Yours Truly, and I wish we could expect the turning of a calendar page to change the course of our lives. I for one will not be expecting magic to happen at midnight tonight. I'm using this day to look back at 2009 and accept everything that's happened, even if it was painful or confusing. To borrow a concept from AA, I know I will be more at peace if I believe that a Higher Power (God according to my beliefs) has been in control and will be in control of my life.

The fact that I believe this holiday is a bunch of hype will not stop me from grabbing the opportunity to celebrate. I probably won't be around to blog until next Monday. In the meantime, I hope you have a fun 3-day weekend. Don't do anything stupid!

No comments: