Tuesday, November 24, 2009

One of my readers (and possibly my only reader :-) Gail left this quote in one of her comments. It's so true...

"Perfectionism is a mean, frozen form of idealism, while messes are the artist's true friend. What people somehow (inadvertently, I'm sure) forgot to mention when we were children was that we need to make messes in order to find out who we are and why we are here. . ." --Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

I did a little research, and Anne Lamott is a writing instructor and author who writes mostly autobiographical works. She writes with humor about her own life and struggles and, according to what I read, does so with transparency and self-depracation. This description was enough to make me order her book, Traveling Mercies, which will probably just get lost in the laundry pile on my floor.

No comments: