Monday, April 6, 2009

Proverbs 31

God hit me with some insight this past weekend that I'm still struggling to digest. I know once I accept this I have to live it out. There is a women described in Proverbs 31 that many define as the ultimate example of a wife and mother. I used to read this passage and throw my hands up in resignation. I could never accomplish that much, especially with a physical impairment. However, this weekend as I was complaining to my husband about his lack of household responsibility, God spoke to my heart and pointed out that not once in Proverbs 31 did it mention her husband contributing to her efforts. It seems that not only did she put in a full days work outside the home, she also managed affairs inside the home. She stayed up late and got up while it was still dark so that she could accomplish it all. I'm not saying we should all mimick the Proverbs 31 lady. I'm just saying that she did it by herself, and if she could do ALL that, I should be able to manage what God has given me, especially with all the modern conveniences I'm afforded. Instead of nagging and complaining I'm going to expirement with just doing the very best I can at home and leaving my husband to his work elsewhere in the city.

No comments: